Classroom Teacher - Great Circle
|Subject Area:||Special Education|
|Job Title:||Teacher II|
|Job Location:||Great Circle Academy 330 N Gore Ave. Webster Groves, MO 63119|
|Deadline:||Open until filled **|
|Certificate:||Mild/Mod. Behavioral Disorder|
|St. Louis, MO 63119|
Major Duties (*Essential Element)
Major Duties (*Essential Element)
- Meet and instruct assigned learners (caseload, class, peers, in-service, children, pupils, students) in the locations and at the times designated *
- Create an environment that is appropriate to the maturity of the student and conducive to learning
- Establish and communicate clear student objectives for lessons, units, and projects *
- Clarify lesson planning and other written evidence of program preparation
- Encourages students to set and maintain appropriate standards of behavior both academically and meeting treatment standards
- Administers, interprets, and records standardized tests*
- Check students’ work, correct papers, collect data, and supervise testing and make-up work*
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques which are compatible with the physical space and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Strive to improve and maintain professional competence
- Attend staff meetings and serves on staff committees if required
- Function within the policies and procedures as outlined in the program manual
- Schedule classes to meet students’ specific instructional needs
- Evaluate and order materials necessary for instruction, and trains Teacher’s Assistants/Aides in their use
- Evaluate the progress of each child enrolled by conducting observations, data analysis and/or review written reports from the team
- May assist assigned students in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off outwear, moving from room to room, using lavatory, etc.
- Assist with Safe Crisis Management (SCM) techniques when trained and applicable to the educational setting
- May assist with breakfast, lunch, snack, clean up, wash up, and toilet routines
- Assist with health-related procedures such as, but not limited to, feeding, lifting, positioning, carrying, and toileting if required by the program
- Utilize learning aids, including multi-media and technology resources
- Participates on the diagnostic team and attends eligibility conferences depending on the program
- Implement research-based intervention programs
- Lead and attend IEP and/or 504 plans as needed
- Benchmark partner district assessments as needed
- Mentor Teacher I as needed
- Operates teaching aids, i.e. chrome book, iPad, computers, Smart Boards, etc.
- Other duties as assigned for the betterment of Great Circle
- Leadership - possesses leadership skills and behaviors that contribute to superior performance; effectively manages change, problem solving, decision making, managing workload
- Judgment – ability to make thoughtful decisions in a timely and confident manner
- Execution & Results – ability to adapt to change, effectively cope with the unexpected, systematically problem solve, follow-through and ensure accuracy
- Customer Focus – properly interacts with others, the ability to work independently or with a team, ethically minded
- Motivation & Work Ethic – demonstrates personal integrity by operating in an accountable, reliable, and respectful manner
- Missouri: Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field and a state license to teach and Special Education Certification required
- Illinois: Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field and a state license to teach with Learning Behavior Specialist endorsement
- Experience work with children and families in a trauma informed environment
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals. Qualifications include the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as the ability to speak effectively one-on-one and before groups.
- Mathematical Skills: This position requires the ability to apply concepts of basic math, algebra, and geometry. The ability to use descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze, interpret and present data.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations as well as the ability to problem solve simple and complex issues are essential.
- Possess a valid class E Missouri driver’s license and a good driving record are required due to need to transport children
** District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.
**** REAP Applicants: If you want to notify the school district of your interest in this job, click here.