|Subject Area:||Social Studies|
|Job Title:||(2) Social Studies Teachers|
|Job Location:||STEAM High School|
|Beginning:||Jul 01, 2019|
|Deadline:||Jan 17, 2019**|
|District:||Ferguson-Florissant R-II School District|
|Florissant, MO 63033|
The Ferguson Florissant School District is accepting applications for the position of (2) STEAM High School Social Studies Teachers.
JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE: STEAM High School Social Studies Teacher will instruct STEAM students in the District Social Studies Curriculum and Missouri Learning Standards. Students will be expected to demonstrate mastery in the field and defend their learning through projects and portfolios. The STEAM Social Studies Teacher will be expected to participate in ongoing training accruing credentials in advance placement, dual credit, and Project Lead the Way programming.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Implement an academically rigorous curriculum. Collect and reflect on student data, adjust instruction accordingly. Communicate learning targets and outcomes to colleagues, parents, and students on a regular basis. Commit to building a community of child-centered educators by mentoring other educators and making regular contributions to be shared publicly, including curriculum, best practices and research findings.
- Master’s degree in education or advanced degree preferred.
- Missouri Certification in Social Studies, dual credit and AP credentials favored.
- Minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience in the area of Social Studies.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate English/ELA curriculum and pedagogy for 9-12 students.
Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and statistics and to develop meaningful reports from that information.
- Passion for working with and engaging learners in student-driven learning experience.
- Participate in expected and ongoing professional learning in areas such as Project Based Learning, portfolio creation and defense, accrual of AP/Dual credit credentials, and Project Lead the Way training.
- Supports and upholds the mission, vision, and strategic goals of Ferguson-Florissant School District and the STEAM High School.
- Effectively interacts, communicates and collaborates with all stakeholders.
- Establishes a safe, supportive, positive and productive working and learning environment.
- Collaborates with teachers with the creation and implementation of district curriculum units.
- Participates in ongoing curriculum development and implementation activities.
- Works with district and school leaders in planning, expanding and implementing new programs.
- Participates in and attends various workshops, seminars and conferences to continuously update professional knowledge.
- Assists the STEAM High School with the acquisition of appropriate textbooks, teacher guides, training manuals, testing and evaluation manuals and procedures, multimedia visual aids, and other instructional materials and equipment for STEAM Social Studies courses.
- Participates in all activities deemed necessary for the success of the district STEAM High School programming.
- Performs other related duties are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (also see Physical Demands Checklist, attached)
Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible about of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS/ MATERIALS USED:
White Board/ Computer/Smartboard/Projector/TV
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Competitive salary and benefits
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education Level
2019-2020 School Year
Complete an online application at www.fergflor.org. Attach the following: letter of interest, resume, copy of current certification and list of five names of references, including addresses, day and evening phone numbers, and email addresses, (including current supervisor). Once your online application is complete, please follow the directions on the website to indicate your interest for this position.