Transportation Position - Ritenour School District
|Job Title:||School Bus Driver|
|Deadline:||Jan 18, 2019**|
|District:||Ritenour School District|
|St. Louis, MO 63114|
- Drive bus over transportation route as written by the transportation department
- Report unsafe bus stops, time changes, or general route changes and conditions to the Director of Transportation or his/her design Keep route sheets updated at all times.
- Enforce rules of proper bus behavior with all passengers. Report student misconduct to a proper school and/or department personnel.
- Assist school administrators, teachers and parents in promoting a positive driver-student-school relationship.
- Drive safely and courteously, keeping in mind that you are Ritenour’s representative on the roads and streets of the distric
- Maintain a good attendance record. Good attendance is mandatory for a safe, on-time and consistent transportation program.
- Attend safety meetings and workshops as required by district policy and state licensing requirements.
- Observe rules, regulations, and responsibilities for bus drivers contained in the transportation department handbook.
- Keep the two-way radio on at all times that bus is in operation.
- Conduct and log pre-trip inspections to check for cleanliness, safety, proper mechanical functions, and adequate fuel level. Following each run, do a post-trip inspection, checking the interior of the bus for remaining children or other passengers, objects left behind by passengers, and examining the exterior of the bus for body damage or mechanical defects.
- Sweep the bus and empty trash can(s) daily. Dust dash and perform other housekeeping duties as necessary to maintain the interior cleanliness of the bus.
- Prepare all forms accurately and thoroughly, and submit on time as required by the transportation department.
- Conduct emergency evacuation drills in accordance with state regulations and district policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form, with employees of all levels, as well as parents, students, and community members.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
- Ability to possess a calm demeanor when dealing with students, parents and school personnel Maintain composure when confronted by angry motorists.
- Ability to walk up and down bus stairs; exit through the emergency door when necessary.
- Ability to evacuate bus, if necessary, including the ability to lift, move, or drag students weighing 100 +/- pounds in the event of an emergency
- Ability to drive a bus in extremely hot or cold temperatures, and all types of weather including snow, sleet, rain, et Ability to fasten and unfasten physical restrain
- Ability to undergo training to administer medications, including, but not limited to injections for allergies (such as peanut or bee sting allergies).
- Respect students, teachers, parents, and support staff.
- Ability to move throughout the building and in the surrounding facility outside the office (i.e. bus parking lot).
** District reserves the right to close any Job Posting when a suitable applicant has been found before the deadline date.